Monday, August 15, 2011

Friends are the family we choose :)

They wouldn't stay still!
Last night we went to a really fun BBQ at Emily's parents house.  It was so fun!  First we all just sat down and talked then Sam, Emily, Corbin and Jared jumped in the pool (I couldn't bring myself to get in a bathing suit... not quite ready for that lol), had diving contests, goalie challenges and slide-offs!  Watching was way fun too (hello queso dip...)!  The BBQ was amazing, basketball was fun to watch and watching Sam pitch fast/curve balls/sliders was incredible. 
It was really nice because I kept thinking about a saying I've always heard... Friends are the family we choose.  Her parents and brother completely welcomed us in their home and treated me and Jared no different from their fun family.  It felt like they were family!  It was nice to meet them all too after so long.  We also got to meet Corbin's brother and his girlfriend, they were way nice as well.
Afterwards there was a huge lightning/thunder storm pretty far off so Jared and I found a lookout spot near our house and just watched the show.  It was beautiful!  It reminded me of what we always did while we were first dating, and I definitely miss that :)  So fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment