Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cabin thoughts


Roasting Marshmallows
Last night Jared and I went to the cabin again for a getaway.  It really is nice to have a place to go that completely seperates you from the world.  We have no cell phone, internet, cable, regular phone or hot water.  No heating/air conditioning, neighbors or friends... for just one night it is me and Jared.  I think that being in those conditions makes me so much more thankful for my surroundings.  You can see SO many stars while you're roasting marshmallows or sitting on the porch rocking chairs.  It's almost magical.  When family is up there with us it's even better.  We play games, cookout, watch movies and sometimes even take naps :)  This weekend we rented movies and had midnight movie nights.  My favorite was Source Code... it's about a man who has to go back through someones mind and figure out how to stop a bombing from happening in downtown Chicago.  It was one of those movies that makes you think. 
Anyways, it's always fun up there... even when we lose a horseshoe in the creek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment