Saturday, March 31, 2012

Testimony meeting

Well last Sunday was testimony meeting and those very words terrify me. When I even think about going up there to give my testimony my throat closes up, and I freak out.
Jared challenged me to go up there and bear my testimony but I just couldn't. I thought about it and I haven't done that in over 5 years... My husband hasn't heard my testimony.  How sad is that? My mom used to tell me that angels write our testimonies down when we bear it.
This month, i'm doing it. No more holding back. I'm sitting up front, wearing flat shoes and doing it. I have a testimony and I think it's important that the world hears it... It's not good enough to keep it to myself.
Today is General Conference and I'm watching it with my baby boy. Here he is!


1 comment:

  1. Good job, Britton! It PETRIFIES me too, but like you, I DO have a testimony, and it needs to be shared. I got up last week, and I was SO nervous, and I definitely didn't say things exactly how I wanted to, but my purpose wasn't to be eloquent, it was so show Heavenly Father that I'm willing testify of Him, even if it makes me uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete