Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Reflections

Today I did something I've never done...
Beckham had just fallen asleep in my arms after eating and instead of putting him right to bed I sat, held him and reflected on my life.  I never in a million years thought that I would be so lucky so fast.  Everything has kind of been like a whirlwind up until this point and I wanted to take a second to slow down.  I'm a wife to a wonderful husband.  He's my best friend and honestly makes me whole.  I'm a mother to a son I wanted so badly without even knowing it.  He makes me feel like I'm the best mom in the world when he smiles at me and we have cuddle time even though I have my shortcomings.  I've got another little miracle growing inside of me.  Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant again... and then it hits me.  It's like a present every day I get to unwrap.  Of course I'd love a boy OR a girl but  I have a feeling it's another boy. 


I finally had to get up and go look in the mirror.  It was kind of a shock seeing myself holding my baby boy.  Sure, I've seen pictures of myself, but I never just held him in the mirror while looking at myself.  I'm happy and proud of who I've become.  Who am I?  I am a loving wife to a man who I've always dreamed of.  I am the proud mother of a sweet baby boy and I do my best to teach and take care of him.  I may not have a college degree (yet) or accomplished anything ground-breaking but I am who I am.  I am a strong woman.  I am LDS and so proud of my religion.  I think most of all, I am happy.   

1 comment: