Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dear Austin

It is almost 9 am and baby boy still isn't awake! So naturally I'm still in bed blogging :)
If my brother Austin ever reads this, this is for you buddy.
Right now, before you read this, turn on the song "Oh, Lord, My Redeemer".  Here's a link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciy3wV3hGnE
If you don't have a good half hour to read this and think about it, exit out and come back to it later. 


 So I realized on Sunday I haven't given my testimony out loud in years... And that is so sad. I'm not good with words and that is a huge fault of mine that I need to work on. I prefer to sing my testimony at church or in the confines of my own home when I'm singing to Beckham. There are just more words in song than there ever will be in simply speaking. Sometimes people need to hear your testimony though, and when I think you needed it the most I let you down so here it is. I'm going to reference my "testimony songs" so you can look it up and pretend I'm singing it to you (in a slightly less pleasing voice than Michael McLean) ;).  I don't want you to look at this intellectually, because it's not intellectual.  It's from my heart.  Although I may have spelling or grammar mistakes, or maybe I will say the wrong thing sometimes so it won't make sense that's ok.  Just read with an open heart and listen to your feelings.  While you read this I want you to pray.  Pray harder than you ever have 
The song "Oh, Lord, My Redeemer" is the most beautiful song I've ever come across.  I can't help but sing it every night to Beckham.  Our Heavenly Father loves us more than we will ever know so he sent his Son to save us.  I believe in our Lord, Austin.  I know that Christ came to this Earth to save us by sacrificing himself.  Could you imagine sending Beckham, your nephew, or Trinity out knowing that they would go through more pain than anyone knew or could imagine?  I know I can't even comprehend that.  Remember that He didn't sacrifice His son for mankind as a whole.  He did it for J Austin Johnson.  He doesn't love mankind as a whole.  He loves you as an individual. 
Remember when we were little and we used to sing "I hope they call me on a Mission" with mom and dad?  I LOVED that!  I sing it to Beckham every night now.  I believe in missionary work.  It's how people learn about our church and that there is meaning to life.  I know that you would make an amazing missionary.  I honestly believe that you are the tool our Heavenly Father needs to bring the gospel to someone.  I'd love to be able to go on a mission someday and help others come to the realization I have.  Our church is the true church and if you pray about it, honestly pray, I guarantee you that you'll find the answers you need.  Our salvation is the most important thing we can attain and we have to constantly work towards it. 
I love you and this is the part of my testimony I wanted you to know.  I hope you're having tons of fun at school and learning lots :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment