Thursday, December 22, 2011

Texas!

Well, we flew into Houston, Texas last Saturday (the 17th) and the flight went amazing!  Beckham didn't cry unless he needed a diaper change and we made sure to feed him on take off and landing.  Such a sweet baby! 
We've pretty much just been hanging out and relaxing for the most part.  We have hung out at Jared's dad's house and had a game night at Lisa's... SO much fun playing Pictionary on Wii by the way :)  We went to Lupes last night with Brian, Brandon and Kristin's family.  They have the best beef fajitas in the world. 
Beckham hasn't had a set sleep schedule since we've been here so nights have been rough.  We've been up til about 4 every night with him.  He's so awake at that time because he sleeps all day when we go places so finally I just put him in bed with us (I know that's a big no-no) and it makes life SO much easier!  He snuggles with us and is perfectly content. 
Today I gave him his first "big boy bath" in a whale tub and it was so fun!  He loved it!  We sang songs, played and best of all... got clean. :)  He just stared up at me and the ceiling and might have cracked a smile once or twice (it may have been gas though... lol).  He DID go potty in the tub of course, but that's ok.  It was cute.
Last night while I was awake with him I just couldn't stop myself from thinking how lucky I am.  Once I turned my life around and started doing the right things within ONE year I have the life of my dreams.  I literally dreamed about Jared and Beckham when I lived in Maryland and I have them now.  It's amazing to me.  I feel like the Lord wanted to give me these things so badly and all I had to do was go looking for them.  I have an amazing husband who treats me like a princess and a sweet baby boy who loves us both just as unconditionally as we love him.  What an amazing life I have. 
I'm so excited for Christmas this year!  I wonder what Santa Clause will bring Beckham?  When Beckham gets older and asks me about Santa or looks back on this blog (hopefully all this blogging is not in vain...) I really hope I can help him understand who or what Santa Clause is.  Santa Clause isn't necessarily a person outside of the magic of childhood.  He is an idea, feeling or spirit.  Once a year he comes around to help us understand a little more about love, life, family and Christ.  He helps us appreciate things in life that are gifts more fully.  Presents aren't a necessity to me anymore now that I'm older... the idea of being with my family is.  The birth of my baby boy has helped me understand Christ's birth even better. 
I'm so lucky to be where I am now and truly blessed for the life I have been given. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I hope my family knows how much I miss and love them and am thinking of them. 
Monkey is crying so I've got to quit here!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment