Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello World!

I can't believe our  little baby boy is almost 1 month old!  4 weeks ago today was the best day of our lives.  Today we had a doctors appointment with Doctor Holbrook just for a check up.  Beckham has quite the history with her... after his circumcision he showed her who was boss and went potty all over her stethescope and table.  I was pretty nervous to go alone (up until this point Jared had always gone with us) but he did SO great!  He wore a Santa's Helper outfit and was so cute. 
He's just started smiling at us occasionally!  It is what I live for now, I just try and make him smile.  It probably only happens once a week to us but it is so fun :)  What a sweet little boy! 
Although he sleeps a lot still, it's so much fun to wake up and have him here.  Jared and I were talking about it and it's like Christmas morning EVERY single day.  Even  at night when I wake up with him it is so much fun to have him cry for me and as soon as Jared or I pick him up he calms down a little. 
I love it when he lays on my chest and sighs.  It is complete happiness to him when he is full and has a clean diaper. 

First captured smile while sleeping!
He just started sleeping in his crib a couple of days ago and he is doing pretty good!  He's got his camel (from Grandpa Johnson all the way from Djibouti) and dinosaur (made by Grandma Johnson) in there to help keep monsters away :) 
We'll be going to Houston, Texas to spend Christmas with Jared's family and we can't wait!  Beckham is so excited to meet the other half of his family (even though he doesn't know it quite yet).  I'm trying to think of what to pack for him... flying there and driving home.  Yikes! 
I'm thinking of starting a blog about being a new mom, adding things that I'm learning and maybe helping other first timers as well.  I'll post a link when or if I ever get it up and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment