Monday, July 27, 2015

A Lesson to be Learned

Journaling, blogging and picture taking have not been my forte lately.  Actually ever.  I always wish I could go back and read about daily happenings.  When I moved to Utah I made sure to journal every day so I wouldn't forget anything and I could always remember my adventure.  Unfortunately I lost those journal entries (dang it, computers) but I remember lots of things pretty clearly.  
Jared and I were recently called to be Sunday School teachers for the 12-13 year olds.  First of all, can we talk about how crazy it is to be in charge of teaching these awesome teenagers about gospel principles?  Scary!  The first couple of weeks were a disaster and ended in at least 20 minutes of church hangman but this past week was a little easier and I think this week I will have a better lesson.  I think the Lord makes up for all of the things I lack in when it comes to teaching.  I am actually really enjoying it and, as cliche as it is, I learn a whole lot more than they do while I prepare for the lesson.  Anyways... yesterday as I was reading over the lesson about Journal Keeping I realized I have a lot to catch up on, and a lot of things that need to be remembered for not only me, but my boys and maybe future generations.  After all as Spencer W. Kimball put it in the February 2003 New Era, "The Angels my quote from it". Here is my inspiration and reminder that the Lord has his hand in my life every day, and it is up to me to recognize it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment