Friday, November 11, 2011

False Alarm

Well Thursday came and went with NO baby!  I was in labor all day starting at about 8am.  UGH I can't even tell you how frustrating that was!  I had no progress in dialation or effacement.  I was having contractions every 1-3 minutes but they weren't very strong.  They decided to try another medicine in pill form that just had to dissolve in my mouth so I took that all night from 9pm-5am every 4 hours and I actually made progress!  Only in softening the cervix, which is way better than the day before.  We were put on pitocin again and lo and behold not enough progress to keep going.  Instead of pushing it we decided to give our little Beckham some more time to come naturally so we're home now until Sunday night.  Sunday we will start pitocin again and the doctor will break my water!  So Monday or Tuesday for sure. 
I loved hearing all of the babies crying and moms cooing.  I was honestly in heaven.  I'll post some pictures when I have time/have the energy to.  I'm still having contractions just not as regular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment