Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh mornings...

As I was laying in bed this morning I couldn't help but thinking about my baby.   The only real proof I have s/he is in there is the morning sickness, but soon that won't be so!  Jared and I get to hear the heartbeat for the first time in a week from this Friday (April 15)!  I am so excited.  It's hard to imagine that a real baby is in there.  A real, tiny, mini Jared and Britton.  What will s/he look like?  I'm so thankful for this baby. 



This Sunday Jared and I have the opportunity to give a talk on our favorite General Conference talk.  I'm really nervous to get up in front of the amazing people in our ward but I'm working up the courage! 
Tonight is Chili Verde for dinner.  It's one of our favorite dinners so I decided to include the recipe here.  I had a horrible time cutting the chicken, so this may be one of the last times we'll have it in a while unfortunately!
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cubed
  • 1
    teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 onion, minced or diced
  • cloves garlic, minced

    Pretty much just put salt and pepper on the chicken and cook a little in the oil and butter.  Sautee Onion and garlic then put everything in a crock pot for 5-6 hours.  SO yummy.  We eat it with tortillas, chips and salsa.  My favorite thing to do with the leftovers is put over a tortilla with eggs.  LOVE it.  You will too ;) 
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (you can find it in the mexican food isle)

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great on Sunday...and if it's any consolation, anyone with kids probably won't hear atleast half of it anyway...no matter how hard we try!!!! :( Makes me sad, but it's just reality! Can't imagine what Sacrament meeting is going to be like when I have THREE...Ahhh!!!

    By the way, whenever I cook chicken in my crockpot, I just throw in a whole breast or two frozen, and then about an hour before dinner, I go in and shred it...then let the sauce/flavors soak in for the last hour. Easier than dealing with chopping raw chicken...just a tip! :) I will have to try this recipe soon! I have sloppy joe mix in my crockpot today, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca I absolutely love you for that suggestion! How do you get all the fat/ligaments out? Just an f.y.i. this recipe is a little spicy... not too much but there's a little kick. Just in case the little ones are sensitive to spicy things. :)
    I'm definitely looking forward to having kids but I'll miss the quiet relaxing sacrament meetings lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just use frozen chicken breasts that you buy in the bags at Smiths. No fat/ligaments. And my kids eat spicy foods, it always surprises me, but they love any sort of Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say i love the picture of the mexican guy haha, it made my day :) I'm excited to hear you speak sunday! I'll make faces at you the whole time ;) JK i promise i wont. Can't wait to see ya tonight! love you guys

    ReplyDelete